Thursday 3 May 2012

SV650 - Fuel Tank


The fuel tank, finally completed and sealed and a fairly snug fit within the frame. This is only the second piece of aluminum TIG welding I have done (a few welds on the battery box being the first) so I really have been learning it on the job!

Fortunately, as most of the tank is covered it hides my earlier attempts, but I had some nice beads flowing on the more visible parts. I managed to pressure test it to 3 bar with no leaks, so it should hold fuel no problem.

 
A quick test fit of the fuel tank of the frame with rear subframe in place. Did I mention it was a snug fit? There's an engine to bury in there as well!



 Talking of engines - old ones out, new(er) ones ready! There's nothing fancy gone on with it, just cleaner and covered far less miles. Ideal to get the bike up and running, then when everything is fine with the chassis, we may try to improve engine performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment